(Tulare, Kings, Madera, and Fresno Counties and the City of Fresno, CA)
Conceal Carry Weapons (CCW) Initial Training – 8 Hours (4-Hour Lecture/4-Hour Range)
Conceal Carry Weapons (CCW) Recertification Training – 4 Hours (2-Hour Lecture/2-Hour Range)
This course covers the following topics:
- Basic Handgun Safety
- Pistol Mechanisms and Operation
- Fundamentals of Shooting a Handgun
- Proper Storage Practices for Handguns
- Laws that Relate to Use of Force and Deadly Force
- Your Actions Pre and Post-
- Holster Options
- Proper Transport of a Weapon While in Your Vehicle
Whether applying for your initial CCW permit, or recertifying, this training is for everyone interested in a comprehensive overview of the responsibilities and issues involved in carrying a concealed weapon in accordance with California state law. Our instructors are retired former Federal Law Enforcement Officers and current NRA certified pistol instructors. Our CCW training includes all required information to submit your CCW application.
This 4-hour training course covers only the minimum regulatory requirements to meet California CCW law. Many significant topics related to CCW and personal self-defense are not covered. You are strongly encouraged to continue to explore these topics beyond this course.
This course is not designed as a “how-
This course requires your attendance in a classroom setting and active range time. All participants must bring the following items:
- A notepad and pen or pencil to write with.
- A tablet or laptop computer for note taking is acceptable.
- Outdoor clothing adequate for the time of year, comfortable shoes, eye and ear protection. A hat or cap is recommended.
- The firearm(s) you are qualifying with and putting onto your CCW.
- At least fifty (50) rounds of ammunition for each firearm.
- The holster, bag, or case you intend to conceal carry with for use on the firing line.